Friday 2 February 2018

Smart (arse) devices

Look at all the progress that happened in the last decade in widely available technology!


PC 2008:

What would you like to customise?

PC 2018:

What do you want? Stop touching this!! Are you sure that YOU are the admin? I don't believe you. I'm going to lock the most important files out of your organic sight, just in case. I don't want you to mess something up... Here, you can put a pretty photo as your desktop background. * sigh *


Health tracker 2008

...

Health tracker 2018

Last night you slept 5 hours and only an hour of this was deep sleep. You are not rested! Your stress levels are causing you to lose sleep. Stop being stressed!! Also, you only moved 3 000 steps, tut tut. Ha ha you can't take me off - you will lose your health insurance if you do...


Mobile phone 2008:

Hi!! Make a call or send a text. 

Mobile phone 2018:

You, again... Hey, don't touch the settings, I know better what settings you need for your apps, games, websites, camera... just leave it! And don't you dare switch off the background data usage... Fine. I'll just switch it back on when you're not looking. * siiigh *


Alarm clock 2008

[loud noise]

Alarm clock 2018

[loud noise, racing away on little wheels, dodging and hiding] [[and probably laughing... ]]




Toaster 2008

...

Toaster 2018 

This bread is not gluten free, are you crazy, are you trying to kill yourself?! I am not toasting this...



I'm not so sure that the technological progress is currently moving in the right direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment